Car loan EMI calculator
Best car loan EMI Calculator Online
Get accurate monthly installment estimates
Rate of Interest per annum( PA)
*This amount is calculated on 6% p.a. for the span of 5 yrs.
Overview of equated monthly installments (EMI)
Car loans are a financial instrument aimed to help individuals purchase a vehicle by providing them with the required funds, which they can repay over a specified period in monthly instalments. Car loans are usually of two types as per the needs and preferences of borrowers. New car loans are meant for individuals who want to purchase a brand-new vehicle. Thus, the interest rates are competitive and have longer repayment terms. On the contrary, used car loans are for individuals who want to buy a pre-owned vehicle.
Car loans are funded by several financial institutions like banks, credit unions, and other lenders. It is imperative that borrowers thoroughly research and compare loan terms, interest rates, and other relevant details to secure the most favourable and cost-effective car loan as per their individual financial situation.
Benefits of car loans:
Car loans offer several benefits that make them a popular financing option for individuals looking to purchase a vehicle. Here are a few key advantages:
- Feasibility: Car loans enable individuals to afford a vehicle without having to pay the entire purchase price in a lump sum, thus allowing them to acquire a vehicle that might exceed their current financial capacity.
- Tax benefits for business use: Borrowers using their vehicles for business purposes may be eligible for tax deductions on the interest paid on their car loans. This can potentially save costs for business owners.
- Flexible loan terms: Car loans offer several loan term options, enabling borrowers to choose a repayment period in accordance with their financial capacity.
- Building credit score: Regular repayments of a car loan EMIs can contribute positively to an individual's credit score as these demonstrate financial responsibility, thus improving the borrower's creditworthiness.
Car loan EMI calculator:
A car loan EMI calculator is a financial tool specifically designed to help borrowers estimate their monthly repayments for a car loan. It takes into account key factors like the principal loan amount, interest rate, and loan tenure to provide an accurate and quick calculation of the EMI a borrower would need to pay.
Benefits of Using an Online car loan EMI Calculator:
- Instant calculations: Car loan EMI calculator online provides instant calculations of monthly instalments for car loans, thus enabling borrowers to quickly evaluate the affordability of their car loans and make informed decisions without the delay caused due to manual calculations.
- Ease of use: Using an EMI car loan calculator requires only basic details to be input, such as the amount of car loan taken, the tenure of the car loan, and the current rate of interest on the car loan. This makes the interface easy to use as there are no technical terms required, thus making it easy for everyone to make use of it.
- Time-saving: By using an EMI calculator for car loan, one can simplify the process of calculation of EMI as it eliminates the need for extensive manual calculations required while estimating the EMI amount.
- Free to use: People can use the online car loan EMI calculator for free. Additionally, they can use it as many times as required, without any usage limit or charges.
- Evaluation of multiple scenarios: Online car loan EMI calculators allow investors to compare various scenarios of their car loans by tweaking factors like principal amount or tenure of loan, thus helping them to make appropriate choices based on their financial threshold and convenience.
- Financial planning: Car loan EMI calculators serve as a powerful financial planning tool by providing a clear breakdown of monthly payments to be done over the loan tenure, thus enabling borrowers to plan their finances effectively.
Understanding Emi Calculations:
The Equated Monthly Instalment (EMI) for a car loan is calculated using a mathematical formula that takes into consideration the principal loan amount, the rate of interest, and the tenure of the loan. The formula used for this calculation is mentioned below:
EMI = [P x R x (1+R)^N]/[(1+R)^N-1]
In the formula,
EMI refers to an Equated Monthly Instalment on the car loan
P refers to the principal amount borrowed for a car loan
R refers to the rate of interest rate (per month) applicable to your car loan
N refers to the number of monthly instalments/ tenure of a car loan (in months)
Using The Calculator:
Now that we are aware of the various advantages of an EMI calculator for car loan, here's a step-by-step guide for you to make use of it:
- Step 1: Open the car loan EMI calculator
The first step is to open an online car loan EMI calculator on your mobile or laptop.
- Step 2: Input the car loan amount
The next step is to input the principal loan amount that you are planning to borrow for financing your car.
- Step 3: Enter the interest rate
Input the annual interest rate provided by the lender or the bank.
- Step 4: Enter the car loan tenure
Specify the number of years you intend to take to repay the car loan obligation.
- Step 5: Click on ‘calculate/proceed’
After entering all the required details, click on ‘Calculate/Proceed’ to initiate the calculations.
Once you have followed the steps mentioned above, you can easily calculate the EMI on your car loan.
Loan Management Tips:
Below mentioned are a few pieces of advice on loan management tips:
- Understanding the terms of loans: It is imperative to understand the terms used in the context of loans as well as the rules & regulations for the same as they can significantly impact the financial implications of a car loan. Being thoroughly well-versed with these terms, borrowers can make informed decisions regarding a strategic approach to managing the car loan.
- Evaluating financial situation: The evaluation of an individual’s current financial situation is crucial in determining the viability of loan payment and tenure of the car loan. This is because these factors significantly impact the amount of EMIs as well as the overall interest costs.
- Tax implications: Understanding the tax implications of a car loan is important to make informed decisions. Usually, most car loans are considered personal debt, thus not being eligible for tax deductions. However, if the car is being used solely for business purposes, the interest paid on the car loan is eligible for tax deductions.
Maintaining credit score: Making regular payments substantially improves an individual’s credit score, thus ensuring better terms of loan in the future.
What is a car loan EMI?
How to choose the right loan term?
Can I prepay my car loan?
Are there tax benefits on car loans?